CODE OF CONDUCT
BabyBabble is a welcoming, generous and respectful community of “moms-for-moms” offering live chat, advice and tips on the topics that new moms would find helpful.
It’s a special space created for you to ask questions, share your story and most importantly, help and support other moms on their journey through motherhood. To ensure that all moms get the most positive and enriching experience, here is a short list—look at it as a guide—of do’s and don’ts to keep in mind, as you grow your precious network of loving, supportive and inspirational moms.
This code of conduct applies to all spaces on the BabyBabble blog, including but not limited to the comments sections, forums and one-on-one live chat sessions. Violation of this code may affect a mom’s ability to be a member of our community.
This space is not intended to be a substitute for health care professional advice. Please consult with your or your baby's doctor if you have a medical question or a concern about your child's health or nutrition.
If you believe someone is violating the code of conduct, we ask that you report it by emailing email@example.com .
- Be welcoming. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports moms (and dads too) of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, colour, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
- Be kind. Pay it forward! Join the community to get advice and also to share advice. Sharing what you are experiencing or have experienced in the past as a mom is the most cherished present another mom can get. When going through more hectic moments of motherhood, simply realizing that we are not alone and that another mom has had a similar experience to ours is enough to make us feel better and help us thrive rather than survive.
- Be respectful. It’s bound to happen. Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour and poor manners—isn’t this something you would tell your child? 😉 We might have divergent opinions on various topics and different approaches in the choices we make as parents raising our kids, but we cannot allow that to interfere with the main reasons that brought us all together. Members of the BabyBabble community should be respectful when dealing with other members as well as with people outside the community.
- Be supportive. There are multiple ways to show your support of other moms of our community. Sometimes, it’s simply expressing empathy on what another mom is opening up about. No advice. Just saying “I get it” or “I can imagine how you must feel” can do a world of good.
- Don’t let your frustration or different points of view turn into a personal attack. This is a BIG “no-no.” Do not insult or put down other participants. We are very proud of the positive and supportive community that BabyBabble is. Let’s keep it that way!
- Don’t use offensive language. This one is a no brainer, even when you have mommy brain syndrome LOL.
- Don’t be judgemental. Remember that we’re different. Different people have different perspectives on issues. When you disagree with someone, ask yourself why. Being unable to understand why someone holds a viewpoint doesn’t mean that they’re wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is a way to discuss disagreements and different views respectfully and constructively. That is the way we choose to favour.
That’s it! Now, let’s get to know each other better and let us help the moms of this community like no other.
These are the policies for upholding our community’s standards of conduct. If you feel that a thread needs moderation, please contact the BabyBabble moderation team. Click Here
Note that all comments and forum conversations are moderated attentively.
- Remarks that violate the BabyBabble standards of conduct, including hateful, hurtful, oppressive, or exclusionary remarks, are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to the following behaviours:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
- Sustained disruption of community events.
- Remarks that moderators find inappropriate whether listed in the code of conduct or not, are also not allowed.
- Moderators will first respond to such remarks with a warning.
- If the warning is ignored, the member will be excluded from the communication. In the event of a second occurrence, the repetitive disrespect of the code of conduct by the member could result in her indefinite exclusion from the BabyBabble community.
- Moderators may choose at their discretion to un-ban a member if it was a first offence and they offer the offended mom a genuine apology.
- If a moderator bans someone and you think it was unjustified, please communicate with the moderator, in private. Complaints about bans in-channel are not allowed.
In the BabyBabble community, we strive to look out for each other. Avoid unnecessary arguing, hurt feelings, and damaged trust. This type of negative experience can drive people away from the community. We’d rather be a community that moms look up to for being a safe environment for them to express themselves genuinely and inspire them to become, not the perfect moms, but the best moms they can be, with the help and support of our kind and supportive community.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us .
Mead Johnson Nutrition, 900-535 Legget Drive,
Kanata ON K2K 3B8 Canada
Toll free 1 800 361-6323 (M-F 9 am – 5 pm ET)